Sylfirm is fractional radiofrequency technology that treats pigmentation such as melasma and skin redness.
Pulsed radiofrequency waves are used to generate an electrothermal effect within the skin, via tiny needles. The electric field thus generated selectively destroys the melanin pigments in the skin, and also selectively targets abnormal blood vessels.
Sylfirm also stimulates healing of the basement membrane of dermis (deepest part of the skin, which previously lasers cannot penetrate), strengthening it and improving overall skin health.
MELASMA MEETS SYLFIRM
Sylfirm adds a new dimension to the treatment of this notoriously difficult to treat pigmentation problem. Melasma has been found to be not merely an overproduction of melanin, but also contributed by other problems in the skin such as inflammation, abnormal blood vessels and weakened basement membrane of skin.
Sylfirm works on multiple angles – breaking down of melanin (pigment) deposits from superficial to deep dermis, reforms abnormal blood vessels and regenerate foundation layers of skin to block further melanin formation. All these have now been shown to be the underlying cause of melasma.
Refractory melasma has been the bugbear of clinicians and patients for years.
Multiple clinical studies have shown that addition of Sylfirm to the treatment regime has dramatically improved the outcomes by more than 50%.
OTHER USES FOR SYLFIRM
Other than melasma, Sylfirm has also been clinically proven to reduce rosacea (redness and flushing), post-inflammatory hyperpigmented marks and scars.
Sylfirm, with its powerful dermal rejuvenation, can also whitens and brightens skin tone, tighten pores and smoothen fine wrinkles.
THE SYLFIRM PROCEDURE
- Sylfirm is a quick 30 minute treatment with minimal discomfort.
- Prior to the treatment, topical anaesthesia (aka numbing cream) is applied. The Sylfirm treatment probe with small needles are then pressed onto the skin during the 10-15 minute treatment. Patients may feel mild discomfort at times. The topical anaesthesia works well at this level.
- Post treatment, a cooling mask facial is applied.
- Patients may experience mild redness after the procedure, which lasts a few hours, to a day. In fact, most patients resume their daily activities immediately after treatment.
- Melasma and other pigments are visibly reduced.
- Patients with rosacea will also notice less flushing and less reactive outbreaks.
- Most patients experience an improvement in skin texture, brightening, and smoothening of fine lines.
- Even a single treatment bring some results. However, for best outcomes, 3-6 treatments spaced 2 weeks apart are recommended.
Call us on +65 6733 9114 to find out more about Melasma Treatment. Or email us.
Speak with us at (+65) 6733 5300 or send us an email.